DIY planner

Happy Friday #36 : Catching Up

1:51:00 AM

Hello everyone and happy Friday to you! How is project you going this first week in? Mine... has had a pretty bumpy start I have to say... The holidays while fun and full of family time is also a time when schedules become a bit askew. On the positive side of it, it does give us time to pop out of the 'automatic' drive we put ourselves in our daily lives well... I suppose in theory, but...

Uh... yeah that was my brief moment of zen talking haha. No, but to be honest  this week, I felt as though I was playing 'catch up' to a lot of things.  Ironically with all my planner choices, I was left sitting befuddled when I found out A. the Midori Traveler's Notebook free version my husband bought me was actually a vertical weeks with the 24 hr. clock  and B. the version of the weeks diary I loved was sold out. Bah... What was a gal to do, but scramble around to figure out her options:


First went through the trouble of playing around and printing Patrick Ng's Chronodex a free planner he puts out every six months. With an ink jet printer I had to go through the motions of figuring out which direction thing were being printed so I could print out the odd pages first, re-shuffle the pages, the print the even pages, cut down the few inches on each side (decided to leave it slightly taller in height than the MTN since I printed on a U.S. letter paper), and fold. Spent the better part of one day doing all of this all to find, I wished it were in smaller signatures. As you can imagine 17 sheets of paper folded is not only thick, but cause the shifted stacking problem. Le sigh... Decided not to use it on a full time bases, but as a time check. I think I may utilize one week every month to see how my time is being spent, so... hopefully the print outs won't be wasted.



Next, I decided to order another Seven Seas Writer from Nanami Paper and have them cut it down to 120 mm in width which is slightly wider than the MTN inserts (110mm) for my Giramondo. The height is fine as it is an A5 notebook, although in the future I might go a tiny bit smaller in width maybe... at a (115mm width as it does come a bit to the end of the Gillio when closed, but there is a bit more in the width of the Gillio so having that little width increase speak volumes when your writing.

Dave from Nanami is great to work with as I said before. Very accommodating to my request and sent it out right away ^_^. That being said, originally I had wanted the blank tomoe river paper journal, but some where along the way we had our communications crossed and I got the lined version. By the way, the little black peace you see on the right of the notebook is the bit he chopped off.



As I sat with my book neatly tucked inside my Giramondo or Gillio, I realized the lined version would work much better for my planner experiment.

Inside my make-shift planner :
  1. year at a glance
  2. month at a glance
  3. general projects I want to get accomplished throughout the year
  4. a weekly projects page / to do lists for that week
  5. a week at a glance. 
  6. then free space after each week







It is my plan to allow for unlimited amount of pages after the weeks view for writing, smash booking, etc. before I draw out my following weeks view. Not sure how this will work out as I continue on this personal journey to find planner peace, but we shall see. I mean I know that the Moleskine weeks diary would fit my needs, but I really wanted to take another stab at working with my Gillio as my planner so here it is.



Now what of the Hobo you ask? Well the hobo to me is more of a daily art journal. A way for me to commit to a little illustration time that holds me accountable to practice through the dates so to speak. The paper is divine to look at and work with, but the A6 Avec did not have my beloved week view that I love. No... the A6 Avec is definitely suited to my daily art journal endeavors.

In terms of the A5 Avec? Sure I took a long hard look at it... I still think I would have problems with the proximity of the planning/ calendar views  to the daily pages of the Hobo for real planning. I just like to have my weeks and days pertaining to that month to be close to those pages. Its an order thing... drives me batty for reason if they aren't aligned just so haha.

Speaking of those Hobos... I promise I will do flip throughs soon, as well as a few other things that my friends in my Hobo and MTN Eye Candy Groups, as well as Youtube land have asked me to cover. I haven't forgotten you I promise. Just needed some time to sort myself out.

Thanks so much for all your lovely comments here, Instagram, and Youtube. Its been such a great journey for me, crawling out of my shell and taking on the challenge to put myself out there. This challenge to myself was about a year ago and truly hearing from all of you makes my hear sing ^_^! I really appreciate it!

Music of the Day:
Delerium : Truly





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Spotify