canvas

Working Big and on Canvas!

12:00:00 AM



Wow... ok I haven't really painted on canvas with detail ever. I did do a painting with Suzi Blu once, but now I can see why she likes to do the faces on smooth paper with colored pencils and then glue them onto the canvas. They are significantly easier to do shading and subtle nuances than painting straight onto the canvas.


What do I mean by this? Well... I haven't really played with oil paints so I can't assume how smoothly that will go on, but... acrylic on this black canvas was definitely an eye opener. The little pores on the canvas makes the process of smoothing out your paint quite a difficult task. Also, just in general working on canvas is a whole different thing than the small scale in journals.


I know... it is fairly obvious, but you don't really know until you try it. So, I used markers, Pan Pastels, and pencils to get the painting to where I'm some what ok with it. Shading is a whole nother puppy with this one. Clearly I need to do more to this, but for now I will just let it percolate as I learn more about painting and dealing with madness called the canvas...



Music of the Day:
Muse : Madness



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. OMG That looks so wicked cool...I love how the colors pop. I love Madness too by the way. It's one of my favorite Muse songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Crystal R. Martin Thanks! I'm fighting a bit with the canvas, but all is good. Yeah, my all time fav. song from them... used to warm up to them when I worked out a few years back ^_*.

      Delete

Spotify