acrylic

Mixed Media : Embracing the Mess

9:34:00 PM



This weeks mixed media gal. It is actually a bit of a struggle for me to do many layers as some mixed media artist tend to do. I'm not quite used to the idea of being messy actually. Coming from my very Swiss graphic design training and my love for the monochromatic, the world of mixed media was so new and freeing to me.

That being said, I am still hesitant to add that extra bit of color or texture, simply because I have no idea if that one extra step will cause a gosh awful mess haha. Its strange... I still love doing simple pieces especially when it comes to doing watercolors or gouache, but my oil pastels have been such a blast to play with as of late.




I definitely do not feel as if I have to plan things out as I do with certain supplies. With these I just go with the flow and I'm liking my playtime results ^_^. Here is to embracing the mess!


Music of the Day:

Indila - Dernière Danse



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Spotify