Midori Traveler's Notebook

Italian Leather Journal Update

11:07:00 PM


So status update on the Italian Leather Journal from Barnes & Noble... its.... ok. Nothing spectacular, although a bit better after my hubby softened up the cover. He did this by bending and rolling it back and forth. Its not bad, but the edges are still quite rough. I find my arm can chafe a bit if I write for long periods of time. That being said, the paper inside is thin, creamy in color, and smooth. I like the way the black wing pencils glide over the pages. I haven't tried pens yet, so don't know how it will react to bleed through though.


In terms of the accessibility factor of this particular notebook, and by that I mean, accessibility in terms of drawing freedom, is a 10. Its not exactly the cheapy composition notebook, but because of the number of pages and the weight of the paper, I feel a bit more free with it to just play around. Or maybe its because... I have a Midori Traveler's Notebook heading this way tomorrow and I want to bust through it?


Ok... ok so yes I'm freely sketching in this and writing, cause I prefer smaller notebooks, BUT... the promise of the soft leather of the Traveler's Notebook... The allure of it... I just could not resist. Plus we had some gift money stored away on Amazon so, there it is. Its coming in the mail ha. And... yes and, I ordered some paraphernalia on Maido to complement it.


I know what some of you are thinking... its just a piece of soft leather with some notebooks... who cares? Well... it just sounds sexy haha. There is a whole notebook culture where they use these notebooks and people post pics of where they use it, their sketches, and how they customize it. You can also add planner booklets, so it is akin to the Filofax craze. In fact some reviewers who used to use Filofaxes, decided this system worked better for them.

Any who... it comes tomorrow and I will post some pics. and give you some updates. In the mean time here is an all encompassing review of this product by Ink Nouveau.


And if your concerned about being stuck with Midor's refills, have no fear, Ink Nouveau also shows you what notebooks will work with the system.


You Might Also Like

1 comments

Spotify