Health

Juice Cleans Ahhh... A little review on Urban Remedy

12:35:00 AM

Hi everyone! Sorry, its been a while, but alas I attempted my first juice cleanse and when I did it I decided to go it Hard... Core... haha. So today I am going to share with you my experiences from the cleanse.

I looked into many different options that included juicing at home, but decided to go for Urban Remedy after I found a little coupon on gilt.com


(image from Urban Remedy)

There were 3 different levels and although this was the first time I've done it, I decided to choose the Super Green one for 6 days. I know I know 6 days... what? But yes I did 6 days and I'll go into how I felt.

Day 1: I noticed it was actually hard to move on to the next juice right away as I felt full from the previous juice. There are 6 in total for the day and you consume them pretty much every 2 hrs. so you are never hungry. Did I crave anything? No not really. Didn't notice much of a difference in energy levels for most of the day until about 7 o'clock hit and then I started getting sleepy.

Day 2: I was super tired. I normally dislike napping, but I dozed off at least 3 times during the day and still managed to sleep early. This from an uber insomniac. Couldn't do much of anything and was a bit of a mess. Still didn't crave anything, but I did miss chewing food. 

Day 3: Still tired, but not as I was on day 2. I would have spurts on energy from the juices, however when I did simple actives such as cleaning the floors, I would begin to sweat and feel drained quickly. I no longer missed the act of chewing food though.

Day 4 - 6: A little more energy returned to me each day and I was able resume a normal day by mid day 5.

* Through days 2 - 10 so far, I feel as if there is a fine layer of film all over my mouth and teeth when I wake up in the morning. I am assuming this has to do with the detoxifying process.

It has only been a few days after the cleanse and I will have to say it is definitely worth it. After the juicing some of my digestive troubles cleared up and the pains I had been feeling in my joints and my carpal tunnel eased up quite a bit. I noticed my ankles and knees did not hurt when I walked down the stairs in the morning. Also, after long walks, I wasn't nursing super sore feet as I usually do even with thick gym shoes. 

When I awake in the mornings, I do not have that cloudy feeling which is fantastic. The added benefit... weight loss of course. I know they say ease into eating solid foods, but ended up going out with the family and then some friends so I did eat some usual treats. However, even though I did. They weren't as satisfying as they used to be. Nor did I have the desire to have more. They were just... ok.

I was quite the diet coke junky and I can safely say, I just don't want it anymore. I really like this feeling. I'm not sure how long it will last, but here it is in a nutshell. Now with this in mind I thought I'd share this little gem with you. Enjoy!

Music of the Day:
All About That Bass : Meghan Trainor



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Spotify